Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vi...@bertelsmann.com.cn on 2007/06/25 10:29:00 UTC

Problem in sales return of type replacement

Hi Everyone,

Found a problem in sales return of type replacement. The scenario is like this:
1.	A customer buys goods worth US$ 1000.00
2.	A customer is shipped the goods and found 1 item worth US$500.00 defective.
3.	Now customer creates a return of one the item.
4.	Once the return is received and completed, the system would do following:
a)	Cr. Customer Credits – US$ 550.00
b)	Dr. Tax – US$ 50.00
c)	Dr, Customer Returns Product – US$500.00
5.	Now once the return is completed a new order is automatically created with the value of the return goods.
6.	Once this order is fulfilled the entry are following:
a)	Dr. Account receivable – US$ 0.00
b)	Dr. Discount on sales – US$ 500.00
c)	Cr. Sales – US$500.00
I think the no. 6 entry is wrong since the customer balance still remains US$ 500.00 since there is no entry to balance the customer credit. In my view it should be like:
1.	Dr. Customer Credits – US$ 550.00
2.	Cr. Tax – US$ 50.00
3.	Cr. Sales – US$ 500.00

This is applicable to the demo data shipped with the system. Obviously its not intended to use as it is, but this kind of fundamental error should be corrected.

Regards,
Vikrant

Checked by AVG Free Edition.