Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Tako Schotanus <ta...@codejive.org> on 2010/06/30 15:35:30 UTC

Problems changing admin password

I have this strange problem where changing the admin password does not seem
to have any effect.

I've done exactly what Justin explained below and in fact with curl I get a
login page when using the old admin password (the default "admin") and I get
the landing page when using the new one.

But... and this is the strange thing... when I try to access
/system/console/bundles it only accepts the old password! Even after
restarting glassfish.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Tako

Re: Problems changing admin password

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
Not quite. The webconsole is just another "webapp".

That said, since webconsole 3.1.0 has been released with an
implementation of pluggable access control (see FELIX-1764), it should
be possible to have the webconsole use Sling/Jackrabbit's user database.

Justin

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
This should only be the case if both usernames and passwords are set to
the same values. In that case, because both use basic HTTP
authentication, the browser passes the credentials to both applications.

Justin

Posted by Tako Schotanus <ta...@codejive.org>.

Posted by Andreas Kollegger <ak...@tembopublic.org>.

Posted by Tako Schotanus <ta...@codejive.org>.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On 6/30/10 9:35 AM, Tako Schotanus wrote:
> I have this strange problem where changing the admin password does not seem
> to have any effect.
>
> I've done exactly what Justin explained below and in fact with curl I get a
> login page when using the old admin password (the default "admin") and I get
> the landing page when using the new one.
>
> But... and this is the strange thing... when I try to access
> /system/console/bundles it only accepts the old password! Even after
> restarting glassfish.
Ah. That's a different password. It just happens to have the same
default value. See
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-web-console.html#ApacheFelixWebConsole-Configuration

Justin