Posted to users@felix.apache.org by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com> on 2013/10/24 08:57:43 UTC

TR: maven-bundle-plugin issue with blueprint and inner-classes

Dear Felix Team,

It seems I found a bug (see below) in the Maven plugin. I'm not too sure which Jira project/component to select.

Is it a bug and in which project/component may I open it?

Regards,
JP

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 24 Oct 2013, at 14:08, CLEMENT Jean-Philippe wrote:

> ... when I push the "create issue" button the dialog box opens with Felix as project.

seems to be a limitation of JIRA in that it doesn't pre-fill the component based on the current location :/

> No reference to Maven bundle plugin anywhere.

go to the 'Component/s' field and start typing 'Maven Bundle Plugin' and the right component will appear

> If I fill the version field, an error is displayed (Version with id '2.4.0' does not exist).

Felix has versions per-component, so type 'maven-bundle-plugin' and the relevant versions will appear

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.
... when I push the "create issue" button the dialog box opens with Felix as project. No reference to Maven bundle plugin anywhere. If I fill the version field, an error is displayed (Version with id '2.4.0' does not exist).

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Kriens <pe...@aqute.biz>.
Then your Blueprint is wrong, $ is a valid character so their Tclass is off. It is used by the compiler in certain places but there is no reason no to use it. I have classes with the name $!

I think we should be careful not to add too many options to bnd. I think a rule would be to remove any final package segment that starts with an upper case and is not fully upper case.

However, don't hold your breath ... this is low priority and I am very busy so a patch (with test cases) would be welcome.

   https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/issues/423

Kind regards,

	Peter Kriens

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.