Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/17 16:08:08 UTC

EventListeners of DIM

Hey there,
I have seen the new feature of EventListeners of DIH in trunk.

<dataConfig>
<document onImportStart ="com.FooStart" onImportEnd="comFooEnd">
</document>
</dataConfig>

These events are called at the begining and end of the whole indexing
process or at the begining and end of indexing just a document.
My idea is to update a field of a row of a mysl table every time a doc is
indexed. Is this possible or I should I save all doc ids and do the update
of the row of the table using onImportEnd?

Thanks in advance!

Re: EventListeners of DIM

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
> I have seen the new feature of EventListeners of DIH in trunk.
>
> <dataConfig>
> <document onImportStart ="com.FooStart" onImportEnd="comFooEnd">
> </document>
> </dataConfig>
>
> These events are called at the begining and end of the whole indexing
> process or at the begining and end of indexing just a document.
> My idea is to update a field of a row of a mysl table every time a doc is
> indexed. Is this possible or I should I save all doc ids and do the update
> of the row of the table using onImportEnd?

the events are available only for the start and end of indexing. there
are no per document events

Re: EventListeners of DIM

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
msmall wrote:
> I've seen the documentation that references the EventListener interface
> (DataImportHandler section of WIKI), but in the latest
> apache-solr-dataimporthandler-1.3.0.jar, there is no
> org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.EventListener interface.  Where is this
> interface and do I need to event implement it (similar to Transformer)?

It is Solr 1.4/trunk:

$ svn log
contrib/dataimporthandler/src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/EventListener.java

r757332 | shalin | 2009-03-23 16:14:19 +0900 (Mon, 23 Mar 2009) | 1 line

SOLR-1081 followup -- Remove abstract keyword
r757325 | shalin | 2009-03-23 15:20:27 +0900 (Mon, 23 Mar 2009) | 1 line

SOLR-1081 -- Change EventListener to be an interface so that components
such as an EntityProcessor or a Transformer can act as an event listener
r732695 | shalin | 2009-01-08 21:52:16 +0900 (Thu, 08 Jan 2009) | 1 line

SOLR-938 -- Add event listener API for import start and end

Koji

Re: EventListeners of DIM

Re: EventListeners of DIM

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
these are for the beginning and end of the whoke indexing process

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
> I have seen the new feature of EventListeners of DIH in trunk.
>
> <dataConfig>
> <document onImportStart ="com.FooStart" onImportEnd="comFooEnd">
> </document>
> </dataConfig>
>
> These events are called at the begining and end of the whole indexing
> process or at the begining and end of indexing just a document.
> My idea is to update a field of a row of a mysl table every time a doc is
> indexed. Is this possible or I should I save all doc ids and do the update
> of the row of the table using onImportEnd?
>
> Thanks in advance!

--Noble Paul