Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Xinyu Liu <xi...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/30 19:10:02 UTC

[Discuss] Samza 0.14.1 release

Hi, All,

We have been adding many improvements and critical bug fixes in the areas
of Samza sql, standalone, eventhub system consumer and host-affinity since
0.14.0 release. The changes should warrant a new minor release:

SQL
- SAMZA-1681: Samza-sql: Add support for handling older record schema
versions in AvroRelConverter
- SAMZA-1671: SamzaSQL: add insert into table support
- SAMZA-1651: Samza-sql: Implement GROUP BY SQL operator

Standalone
- SAMZA-1689: Add validations before state transitions in
ZkBarrierForVersionUpgrade.
- SAMZA-1686: Set finite operation timeout when creating zkClient.
- SAMZA-1667: Skip storing configuration as a part of JobModel in zookeeper
data nodes.
- SAMZA-1647: Fix NPE in JobModelExpired event handler.

Eventhub
- SAMZA-1688: use per partition eventhubs client
- SAMZA-1676: miscellaneous fix and improvement for eventhubs system
- SAMZA-1656: EventHubSystemAdmin does not fetch metadata for valid streams.

host-affinity
- SAMZA-1687: Prioritize preferred host requests over ANY-HOST requests
- SAMZA-1649: Improve host-aware allocation to account for strict locality

The complete list of changes are here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-1624?jql=project%20%3D%2012314526%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.14.1%20%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20key%20ASC.
Most JIRAs in the list have been completed and merged, and we willl try to
get the remaining completed before 0.14.1 release.

Here's what I propose:
- Cut the 0.14.1 release branch
- Target a release sometime next week (5/7 - 5/11).
Thoughts?

Xinyu

Re: [Discuss] Samza 0.14.1 release

Posted by Boris S <bo...@gmail.com>.