Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nikhil Surve <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/19 22:39:23 UTC

How to get # of HTTP conenctions through C/C++ program

hi,

It would be very nice if nyone can provide me
some links or info about Apache HTTP server
providing some exposed APIs, such that i can
write a program in C/C++ and call this
APIs and get the performance related
information directly from Apache HTTP webserver ???
This performance related data couldbe like current
count of HTTP connections establised with Apache
webserver.

Just to give an example, Microsoft IIS webserver
provides the performance counters, which one can
read from registry using APIs provided by
Microsoft from a C/C++ program and get all the
performance related data ... r some similar interfaces
provided by Apache webserver ???

I dont want to go through the Apaches native
utilities or some third party performance
querying tools.

I would really be thankful if someone can provide
me information about this, or provide some useful
pointers on this.

Nikhil

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

RE: How to get # of HTTP conenctions through C/C++ program

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

> From: darren chamberlain [mailto:dlc@users.sourceforge.net]

> Nikhil Surve <ni...@yahoo.com> said something to this effect on
> 12/19/2001:
> > It would be very nice if nyone can provide me some links or
> > info about Apache HTTP server providing some exposed APIs, such
> > that i can write a program in C/C++ and call this APIs and get
> > the performance related information directly from Apache HTTP
> > webserver ???  This performance related data couldbe like
> > current count of HTTP connections establised with Apache
> > webserver.

> You can parse the output of http://servername/server-status?auto,
> yes?  Look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_status.html,
> specifically the section "Machine Readable Status File".

Right.  And if you really must do it in C, then look at the source code for
mod_status, which will show you how to use the API to get the data.

Joshua.

Re: How to get # of HTTP conenctions through C/C++ program

Posted by darren chamberlain <dl...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Nikhil Surve <ni...@yahoo.com> said something to this effect on 12/19/2001:
> It would be very nice if nyone can provide me some links or
> info about Apache HTTP server providing some exposed APIs, such
> that i can write a program in C/C++ and call this APIs and get
> the performance related information directly from Apache HTTP
> webserver ???  This performance related data couldbe like
> current count of HTTP connections establised with Apache
> webserver.
>
> Just to give an example, Microsoft IIS webserver provides the
> performance counters, which one can read from registry using
> APIs provided by Microsoft from a C/C++ program and get all the
> performance related data ... r some similar interfaces provided
> by Apache webserver ???
>
> I dont want to go through the Apaches native utilities or some
> third party performance querying tools.
>
> I would really be thankful if someone can provide me
> information about this, or provide some useful pointers on
> this.

You can parse the output of http://servername/server-status?auto,
yes?  Look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_status.html,
specifically the section "Machine Readable Status File".

(darren)

--
Small pleasures exclude great ones.