Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Michal Zerola <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/25 10:17:34 UTC

JDBC store in Qpid-Java broker

Hello,

what is the current state of the support for JDBC message store in Java Qpid
broker? I do see the mention of the SQL store in Qpid documentation, but
there is no more written (just the plain page):

http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-Java-Book/html/Java-Broker-Stores.html
<http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-Java-Book/html/Java-Broker-Stores.html>

Checking the sources also gave me the impression that it is not implemented.
I have seen some patches from 2007 regarding support for JDBC, but I do not
think they are included in current release/trunk. So to my understanding,
currently the only persistent stores which are supported are Derby and BDB
(via 3rd party library). Am I correct?

Thank you for clarification.

Michal

Re: JDBC store in Qpid-Java broker

Posted by Michal Zerola <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Phil,

thank you for your answer!

Posted by Phil Harvey <ph...@philharveyonline.com>.
Hi Michal,

Yes, that is correct.  As you probably guessed, the empty section in the
documentation is there because this store has been considered in the past
but not fully implemented.

The Derby store actually only has a light dependency on Derby and would
only require very minor changes to work against other JDBC sources.  If
you're keen to see this functionality you should raise a Jira, and of
course feel free to submit a patch.

Phil