Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Rizwan Sharif <of...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/09 22:50:08 UTC

Beginner

Hi,
I am new to OFBiz development (in fact new to Open Source) and have few
questions related to it
*) Where can I find full references for xml files such as entitymodel.xml,
screens definition xml, minilang etc.
*) Are there any books available for studying OFBiz?
*) There are some sites which are offering training material on OFBiz. How
useful is that material? The material they are offering is quit expensive
and I want to make sure that its helpful before purchasing.
*) Is there any documentation available on entities define in current OFBiz
applications such as accounting, order manager etc. By documentation I mean
detail description of entities and their fields. Similarly any documentaion
available for services currently implemented?

Regards,
newbie

Re: Beginner

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
These two links from the OFBiz home page are probably the most applicable to your questions:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Documentation+Index

and

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Related+Books

Enjoy!