Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "EIBL Florian (ICS460-BAI)" <Fl...@spar-ics.com.INVALID> on 2023/04/17 13:25:55 UTC

Camel FTP consumer bug

Hello,

I am using Camel 3.18.2 and OpenJDK 17.

Does anyone have a similar problem with FTP consumer like the following:

In the logs I see this error:
org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileOperationFailedException: File operation failed: 227 Entering Passive Mode (*,*,*,*,*,*). Connection refused. Code: 227'
(IP and Port information masked with *)

After this, I can see in the logs that some similar FTP consumer errors follow:
org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileOperationFailedException: Cannot rename file: RemoteFile[hervis_turnover_export_20230411111305531.xml] to: RemoteFile[inprocess/hervis_turnover_export_20230411111305531.xml]'

Then the FTP consumer does not collect files anymore.

The problem is that if this happens, the FTP consumer recreates "the source directory inside the source directory", e.g.:

Source directory:  ../dir1/dir2/

Bug directory:       ../dir1/dir2/dir1/dir2/inprocess

It seems that the SFTP consumer watches the bug directory from now on and the files in the source directory are not processed anymore. Only after a restart of the Pod, the FTP consumer works normal again.

My theory is that somehow the first error (File operation failed: 227 ...) causes the consumer to create the wrong directory. Then it gets stuck in the bug directory and all the other files from a previous directory listing can not be found anymore (Cannot rename file ...)

I tried to recreate the problem, but it is difficult, because it also depends on the behavior of the FTP server (Connection refused error must be triggered which then leads to the wrong behaviour of the FTP consumer).

Our FTP consumer config:
              host: "*"
            directory: "*"
              port: "210"
              username: "*"
              password: "*"
              passiveMode: "true"
              include: "*"
              readLock: "changed"
              preMove: "inprocess/${ds}{file:onlyname}"
              move: "archive/$simple{date:now:yyyy}/$simple{date:now:MM}/$simple{date:now:dd}/$simple{file:onlyname}.$simple{date:now:HHmmss}"
              charset: "utf-8"
              delay: "60000"
binary: true
chmod: "666"
readLockMinLength: "0"
readLockMinAge: "60s"
readLockCheckInterval: "100"
readLockTimeout; "500"

Thanks in advance,
Flo

[cid:image001.png@01D97140.E5CFB260]<https://www.spar-ics.com/>

Florian EIBL
Software Engineer
Business Automation & Integration

<http://>

Mobile:

+43 664 6259733

E-Mail:

Florian.EIBL@spar-ics.com<ma...@spar-ics.com>

SPAR Business Services GmbH
Information & Communication Services
Europastrasse 3, 5015 Salzburg, Austria
www.spar-ics.com<https://www.spar-ics.com/>

<http://>

[cid:image007.jpg@01D97140.E5CFB260]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/sparics/mycompany/?viewAsMember=true>

[cid:image009.png@01D97140.E5CFB260]

Sollten Sie diese E-Mail unbeabsichtigt bzw. irrt?mlich erhalten haben, so weisen wir Sie darauf hin, dass gem?? ? 161 Abs 4 TKG 2021 der Inhalt sowie die Tatsache des Empfangs dieser E-Mail weder aufgezeichnet noch verwertet oder Unbefugten mitgeteilt werden d?rfen. Wir ersuchen Sie, die Nachricht von Ihrem System zu l?schen und sich mit uns in Verbindung zu setzen.
Unter diesem Link finden Sie die Informationen ?ber die Verarbeitung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten sowie zu Ihren Rechten als betroffene Person:
https://www.spar.at/service/datenschutzhinweise

If you have received this email accidentally or in error, we point out that, in accordance with ? 161 para. 4 TKG 2021 (Telecommunications Act), the contents of this email and the fact of its receipt must not be recorded, exploited or communicated to unauthorized persons. We ask you to delete the message from your system and to contact us.
Under this link you will find information about the processing of your personal data and about your rights as a data subject
https://www.spar.at/service/datenschutzhinweise