Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Thanh Ngo <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/08 22:26:00 UTC

Where to download Open Office for Mac OS ?

Hello Open Office,

I am trying to download Open Office for Mac OS , but don't know where it is
on your website. There is this link on your website:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/

But that link is for the Windows version only and not for the Mac OS
version.

Would you please tell me where I can download the Mac OS version ?

Thank you.

Thanh.

Re: Where to download Open Office for Mac OS ?

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Thanh Ngo wrote:
> Hello Open Office,
>
> I am trying to download Open Office for Mac OS , but don't know where it is
> on your website. There is this link on your website:
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/
>
> But that link is for the Windows version only and not for the Mac OS
> version.
>
> Would you please tell me where I can download the Mac OS version ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Thanh.

When you download, it automatically selects the correct version for your
computer.  It should say near the bottom of the green box what is going
to be downloaded.

Failing that, you can go to:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html#aoo

And select the version you want.

Re: Where to download Open Office for Mac OS ?

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 04/28/2014 05:10 AM, schrieb Thanh Ngo:
> I would like to ask you for a favor and to show me how to install the
> Open Office package for Mac.
>
> Basically, I have successfully downloaded the Open Office package for
> Mac from the information provided in your last email. Then, when I
> double-click on the package on my iMac, it shows a big folder with the
> title like this "Open Office" or some thing with a similar name. That
> big folder has some sub-folders and other files. But, I don't think  I
> know how to install that software on my iMac because I can't
> successfully launch it at all. My iMac has the latest Mac OS and it was
> purchased in Dec 2013.
>
> Thank you very much for your help.

I'm very sorry but I don't know how to install software on a Mac.

But this should help you:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#apple

Marcus

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.