Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2003/07/31 13:46:11 UTC

Re: libapreq-1.2 release candidate 2

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>> Release candidate #2 for libapreq-1.2 is available:
>>
>>   http://httpd.apache.org/~joes/libapreq-1.2_rc2.tar.gz
>

> Whoah! I'm now getting this problem reported recently on the modperl list:
>
> [Thu Jun 12 15:40:10 2003] [error] Can't load
> '/home/stas/apache.org/httpd-apreq/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Request/Request.so'
> for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory at
> /home/stas/perl/blead/lib/5.9.0/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
>
> when the file is there. this is with perl blead perl w/o threads.
>
> Looking into it

I have resolved this issue. You couldn't reproduce it because you were running
an old MakeMaker. I have explained the issue and provided a solution here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=105965131008577&w=2

Please test that my solution works on other platforms

Re: libapreq-1.2 release candidate 2

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>

>>I have resolved this issue. You couldn't reproduce it because you were
>>running an old MakeMaker. I have explained the issue and provided a
>>solution here:
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=105965131008577&w=2
>

> Thanks, Stas!  However, the problem is that we actually rely on the
> current behavior for platforms like OS-X, where people are encouraged
> to install libapreq.so via './configure ...' prior to running the
> perl-build of libapreq.  I'm afraid your patch will break libapreq's
> OS-X support for prior perls, and probably anywhere else that libapreq.so
> (the C library) is installed before building Request.so and Cookie.so.

Sure, it doesn't have to be the final patch. It just shows where the problem
is and that you need the latest MM to reproduce it (I was confused before
since I have too many perl builds and some of them had the old MM, while
others the new one and I didn't think to point the blaming finger to MM). You
probably know what's better solution is.

Re: libapreq-1.2 release candidate 2

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

--
Joe Schaefer