Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Akins <ba...@web.turner.com> on 2004/01/09 18:07:11 UTC

Custom bucket types

It would be cool if there was a way to create custom bucket types.  It
looks like all we would have to do is expand how the built in buckets
declare themselves.

Any comments.  I'm willing to play with it..

--
Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer

Re: Custom bucket types

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Brian Akins wrote:

> It would be cool if there was a way to create custom bucket types.  It
> looks like all we would have to do is expand how the built in buckets
> declare themselves.

You can do that already.  :-)  Have a look at the "error" buckets in httpd
as an example.  You might also want to take a look at the notes from my
talk at ApacheCon US 2002:

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~jcw5q/talks/apache/bucketbrigades.ac2002.pdf

And of course I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

--Cliff