Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu> on 2016/03/04 16:12:30 UTC

testing tasks for Rya - input requested

Hi all,

Please take a moment and provide your input ideas for the testing
infrastructure that could be useful for Rya.

Rya is now quite complex, with support for MongoDB and Accumulo back-end,
multiple types of index structures, GeoMesa integration, and so on. The
question is, do we need any more test? If you have any ideas, please reply
to this message or comment on  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RYA-39

Thank you very much,
Adina

--
Dr. Adina Crainiceanu
http://www.usna.edu/Users/cs/adina/

RE: testing tasks for Rya - input requested

Posted by Kim Ziehlke <kz...@modusoperandi.com>.
Hello,
In 2014/2015, I had been working internal testing with the Sparql Query Benchmarking tool developed by a team member at Cray.  We used varying size datasets 1M up to 2B, and this also allows a comparison with LUBM and SP2B - We are now setting up to run those benchmarks again in house against Rya with the latest versions of Rya and the Sparql Query Benchmarking software.  BTW, we also created a simple set of queries and when geo became available were able to add 2 queries specific for geosparql.
Additionally for our complete application backed by Rya we used a New Relic which calculated Apdex scores - also I previously used Blazemeter for overall app performance -
I will keep you posted as we setup our latest testbed and share results against the diff versions of Rya.

Thanks!

Kim Ziehlke
SR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
MODUS OPERANDI, INC.

O • 256.721.9049
M • 256.714.6514
F • 321.473.1499

kziehlke@modusoperandi.com
www.modusoperandi.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521. This transmission is intended only for the person(s) or entity/entities to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or proprietary material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.