Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Hearty <he...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/05 09:41:21 UTC

How to configure slf4j with apache geronimo

I am using apache geronimo. When I've tried to deploy my application (war
file) and try to run the application my logs are not creating under the
specified location.

I am using slf4j internally. The following jar files are specified under
web-inf/lib location of my application.
slf4j-api-1.5.0.jar,slf4j-log4j12-1.4.3.jar,log4j-1.2.14.jar.
I have put logging.properties under web-inf/lib as well as web-inf/classes
folders

My logging.properties is as follows

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, logFile

log4j.appender.logFile=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.logFile.File=C:/tmp/logs/fp.log
log4j.appender.logFile.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.logFile.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{dd/MM/yy HH:mm:ss} %-5p
[%t] %c{2} - %m%n
log4j.appender.logFile.MaxFileSize=1000KB

The logs are not creating under the location mentioned in
logging.properties. I am also hiding the jar files in geronimo-web.xml using
<hidden-classes> tag [which avoid the loading classes from the parent class
loader]

I am getting the following warning message in server console

(org.springframework.web.conte
xt.ContextLoader).

Please advise how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance

Re: How to configure slf4j with apache geronimo

Posted by Hearty <he...@gmail.com>.
I am looking for application specific logging.
I have specified as follows in geronimo-web.xml

<gbean name="DirectoryLog4jConfiguration"
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.log4j.ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean">
        <attribute name="log4jResource">fp-log4j.properties</attribute>
</gbean>

where fp-log4j.properties is available under WEB-INF/classes folder of
deployed application war file.

But I am getting the following error

start of focalpoint/fp/1.0/war failed
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
focalpoint/fp/1.0/war failed
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:579)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:543)
		 at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
		 at
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:832)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$382e6bd0.startConfiguration(<generated>)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.RedeployCommand.redeploySameConfiguration(RedeployCommand.java:229)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.RedeployCommand.run(RedeployCommand.java:101)
		 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:803)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown
start exception
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:522)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:188)
		 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:562)
		 ... 15 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuration focalpoint/fp/1.0/war failed to start due to the following
reasons:
  The service
J2EEApplication=null,WebModule=focalpoint/fp/1.0/war,j2eeType=SystemLog,name=DirectoryLog4jConfiguration
did not start for an unknown reason

		 at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:485)
		 ... 17 more

Please advise me where I went wrong

Posted by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>.