Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jeba earnest <er...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/30 04:31:37 UTC

Solr index segment level merge

I have a scenario that I need to merge the solr indexes online. I have a
primary solr index of 100 Gb and it is serving the end users and it can't
go offline for a moment. Everyday new lucene indexes(2 GB) are generated
separately.

I have tried coreadmin
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Merging+Indexes

And it will create a new core or new folder. which means it will copy 100Gb
every time to a new folder.

Is there a way I can do a segment level merging?

Jeba

Re: Solr index segment level merge

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
Would collection aliases be an option (assuming you are using SolrCloud
mode)?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api4

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.