Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by akhil <ak...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/30 15:23:41 UTC

Re: Active mq 5.7 slave broker does not get the lock when the master is brought down

Hi Gary ,

I have a same setup as bala. Two brokers with common shared file storage but
when the brokers are getting started up both are on slave modes. The shared
file storage is not being used by any other broker. We created a new mount
and tested with that , but still the two brokers are on slave mode. It's
either of them is not getting lock on the file storage. Any idea on why both
brokers going under slave mode ?

Re: Active mq 5.7 slave broker does not get the lock when the master is brought down

Posted by akhil <ak...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Tim . Using NFSV4 and not sure about the testing of NFS file lock
with out activemq ? It worked before and all of a sudden when i launch ,
both of them are going to slave modes. i have created a new EFS mounts and
tried still its going under slave. Have restarted each one of the broker one
by one to get one of them into master but not yet resolved. Looks like there
is something going on with the underlying infrastructure locks.

Re: Active mq 5.7 slave broker does not get the lock when the master is brought down

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Are you using NFSv4?

Can you test whether you can acquire an NFS file lock in that location
without using ActiveMQ? Take ActiveMQ out of the mix and make sure your
underlying infrastructure works.

Tim