Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by infiniteuniverse <in...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/21 04:49:33 UTC

Karaf Assembly Plugin Pulls All Versions Of Spring

When installing features that depend on Spring as boot features in a custom
distribution the maven assembly plugin is placing all version of spring in
the system repository instead of just the version that is a dependency of
the boot feature. Is there a way to disable this behavior and make the
inclusion version specific? As the number of supported version of spring
continues to increase the issue is getting worse and the extra files
increase the size of the distribution considerably.

Re: Karaf Assembly Plugin Pulls All Versions Of Spring

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

This feature will install all versions of Spring between 4.1 and 4.2
(excluded).

Thanks for the update, I will reproduce the issue with your feature &
pom in order to fix that.

Regards
JB

On 03/12/2016 03:48 PM, infiniteuniverse wrote:
> I added a feature and pom here (http://pastebin.com/KV5Ljv5S) that seems to
> exhibit similar behavior, perhaps even worse -- by not adding any karaf
> features to the installed features the plugin added a bunch of stuff

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf Assembly Plugin Pulls All Versions Of Spring

Posted by infiniteuniverse <in...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Sorry to bother you again: do you mind to share your pom.xml (especially
the installed/boot/startup features configuration in the plugin) and the
full features XML ? You can use gist or pastebin for that.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

On 03/04/2016 05:42 PM, infiniteuniverse wrote:
> Yes, sorry for the delay in responding I didn't notice that anyone had
> replied. I have a dependency in a feature file that looks like this
>
> <feature version="[4.1,4.2)" prerequisite="false"
> dependency="false">spring</feature>
>
> But the plugin pulls in 3.x versions of spring etc as well.
>
> I am using version 4.0.3 of the plugin

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf Assembly Plugin Pulls All Versions Of Spring

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

You mean the spring feature is a transitive feature or you specified
spring feature (without version) ?

What's the version of the plugin ?

Thanks,
Regards