Posted to commits@hivemind.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/10/23 19:38:24 UTC

[Jakarta-hivemind Wiki] Update of "CayenneIntegation" by ChristianMittendorf

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-hivemind Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ChristianMittendorf:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-hivemind/CayenneIntegation

New page:
ChristianMittendorf: I've done some testing on HiveMind integration of Cayenne. My solution requires your webapp to use servlet specification 2.4 or newer (see [http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/deploy/webapplicationcontextprovider.html WebApplicationContextProvider]).

Put a listener entry to your web.xml:

{{{
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
    version="2.4">

	<display-name>...</display-name>
	[...]
	<listener>
	   <listener-class>org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf.WebApplicationContextProvider</listener-class>
	</listener>
	[...]
</web-app>
}}}

Add the service to your hivemind.xml:

{{{
	<service-point id="dataContextService" interface="de.example.hivemind.DataContextService" />

	<implementation service-id="dataContextService">
	 	<invoke-factory>
			<construct class="de.example.hivemind.impl.DataContextServiceImpl" />
		</invoke-factory>
	</implementation>
}}}

Create the Interface

{{{
package de.example.hivemind;

import org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext;

public interface DataContextService
{
	public DataContext getDataContext();
}
}}}

and the Implementation

{{{
package de.example.hivemind.impl;

import org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext;

import de.example.hivemind.DataContextService;

public class DataContextServiceImpl implements DataContextService
{
	public DataContext getDataContext()
	{
		return DataContext.getThreadDataContext();
	}
}
}}}