Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kumar gaurav <kg...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/05 19:02:21 UTC

ampersand handling in solr cloud 7 in text_general field

Hi All

I am facing possible analysis error. in case of indexing "&" ( ampersand )
in text_general fields  . It is working fine if solr is running in single
node mode also working fine in string fields . Exceptions is coming by
replicas i hope.

Anybody please suggest if anything needs to handle while storing &
(ampersand) in text_general fields.  Exception is following :

"error":{"metadata":["error-class","org.apache.solr.common.SolrException","root-error-class","java.lang.NullPointerException","error-class","org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor$DistributedUpdatesAsyncException","root-error-class","org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor$DistributedUpdatesAsyncException"],"msg":"Async
exception during distributed update: Error from server at
http://solr##:8983/solr/####_shard1_replica_n43:######

Thanks
Kumar Gaurav

Re: ampersand handling in solr cloud 7 in text_general field

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/7/2018 8:45 AM, kumar gaurav wrote:
> Hi Shawn
>
> It is solr 7.3 .
>
> On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 1:17 AM, Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> wrote:
>> The error in what you shared is incomplete.  Can you find any errors in
>> solr.log and provide the full error text for any of them that occurred
>> around the relevant timestamp?  Each one is going to be many lines long.

Getting the full text of the errors was more important than the version,
and we still don't have that.  The version is needed to fully and
correctly connect the stacktraces in the error to Solr's source code, if
looking at the code becomes necessary.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: ampersand handling in solr cloud 7 in text_general field

Posted by kumar gaurav <kg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shawn

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.