Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Martin Testrot <ma...@uni-dortmund.de> on 2006/11/06 14:38:53 UTC

Configuration of Username and password for subversion

Hallo,

I would like to use a subversion repository from continuum, but I don't
know where to configure username and password for subversion.
I would really appreciate some help.

Greetings,
Martin

Here is the section with the scm part from my project pom.xml

  <scm>
    <connection>
      scm:svn:svn://svnhost/maventest/trunk
    </connection>
    <developerConnection>
      scm:svn:svn://svnhost/maventest/trunk
    </developerConnection>
  </scm>

Re: Configuration of Username and password for subversion

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
you should be able to use the Add M2 Project button and use a url of
one of the formats in this link

http://maven.apache.org/scm/subversion.html

that will drill in and get the top pom and ought to configure the
underlying subversion connection.

normally it would look something like

https://user:password@host/repos/foo/trunk/pom.xml

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: Configuration of Username and password for subversion

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
yep, that will do it, glad you got it working :)

cheers!
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: Configuration of Username and password for subversion

Posted by "Krishnaiah, Shankar" <Sh...@Travelex.com>.
Hope this helps.

In our system we have configured subversion access via http using
Apache.

The config for svn in httpd.conf[Apache] looks as

Also define access to the D:\svn directory which is where svn repository
resides.

<Directory "D:\svn">
   AllowOverride None
    Options All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<Location /svn>
	DAV svn
	DavDepthInfinity on
	SVNParentPath D:\svn
	SVNListParentPath on
	AuthType SSPI
	SSPIAuth On
	SSPIAuthoritative On
	SSPIDomain <domaincontroller>
	SSPIOfferBasic On
	SSPIOmitDomain On
	AuthName "Subversion repositories"
	Require valid-user
</Location>

This enables access to all users from ldap.

By default Continuum uses the local account to log in to Svn.
There are other modes to specify a
username[http://maven.apache.org/scm/subversion.html]
We use the default mode.

So our pom looks svn via the configuration below.
	<scm>
		<connection>
			scm:svn:http://svnhost/Repos/trunk
		</connection>
		<developerConnection>
			scm:svn:http://svnhost/Repos/trunk
		</developerConnection>
		<url>http://svnhost/Repos/trunk</url>
	</scm>

Regards,
Shankar

I would like to use a subversion repository from continuum, but I don't
know where to configure username and password for subversion.
I would really appreciate some help.

Greetings,
Martin

Here is the section with the scm part from my project pom.xml

  <scm>
    <connection>
      scm:svn:svn://svnhost/maventest/trunk
    </connection>
    <developerConnection>
      scm:svn:svn://svnhost/maventest/trunk
    </developerConnection>
  </scm>

IMPORTANT NOTICE
This e-mail message (including its attachments) is private,
is intended for the recipient named in it and may contain
material which is confidential and privileged.  No-one
other than the named recipient may read, copy, rely on,
redirect, save or alter the message or any part of it or
any attachment to it in any way.  The Travelex Group does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those
of the author and do not represent those of the Travelex
Group unless otherwise specifically stated.  While reasonable
effort has been made to ensure this message is free of
viruses, opening and using this message is at the risk of
the recipient.
Travelex can be found on the World Wide Web at
http://www.travelex.com.