Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> on 2013/07/17 21:00:02 UTC

Website Markdown question

I'm working on some content for the new website.  It's very easy to work
with by the way.

I have a question about the markdown directives.  It seems that some of
the directives I want to use are simply ignored during the render
process.  For example, I tried to use the _underscore_ method of
emphasis, but the rendered output simply copied the underscores and
didn't make any change to the font.  Ditto the __double underscore__.  I
also tried to use a block-quote but found that the ">" symbols were
simply absorbed with no other effect on my text paragraph.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a set of unsupported directives?

Thanks,

-Ted

Re: Website Markdown question

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
Ted, thanks for finding this.  I've now made underscores work as
expected, and I've added the needed stylesheet rules for blockquotes.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
Yes, the de facto standard is linked from the "Markdown syntax"
section of the readme:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/site/README
  -> http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

I'll add a link to the implementation as well so you can find out
precisely what it's doing.

Justin

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.