Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by Uma Maheswara Rao Gangumalla <um...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/04 00:51:36 UTC

Fwd: FW: Incubator podling reports due today

Anybody working on the report?

Regards,
Uma

Posted by Uma gangumalla <um...@apache.org>.
Hi Austin,

 Still I don't see much improvement except one question posted in mailing
list some time ago.
 Could you please list out the improvements since our last email, if I
missed something?

BTW, I hope someone working on report.

Regards,
Uma

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Re: FW: Incubator podling reports due today

Posted by Austin Leahy <Au...@digitalminion.com>.
Hey Uma,

We are currently working on some plans to do just that. Things got a little
jumbly over the summer for some of us so we are a little behind. We
recently did some evaluation work trying to decide if we still felt like we
were doing something that has value to the incubator or if we are just
retreading other ground and we ended up feeling that the ODM work as well
as other structural work with spark and integration are still net unique in
the FOSS space and it is out desire to continue and carry on. Tadd and I
will work on some updates and start sending some stuff out over the next
few weeks.

I will say that one of the things that has fallen behind in activity is
that we were relying on the Automerge on github but committers weren't
using the github review process that would trigger automerge just +1'ing in
the PR. Tadd and I are going to make an effort to meet weekly to review
active PRs and get them merged so that the progress can become more clear.

We know that there are some people out there using this work to good
success, but the last time we did a full review we felt there were some
missing features to lead us towards a graduation moment. I will get some
discussion into the mailing list about the different functional areas and
where we feel like we stand and see if given some achievable goals we feel
like the mentors think that is enough to move the needle in the right
direction.

Thanks

Austin

Posted by Uma gangumalla <um...@apache.org>.