Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mayur Shetye <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/12 21:01:00 UTC

java2wsdl Help needed

this is a simple java class , I want to generate a
simple WSDL frile from it and then use that WSDL to
create stubs on the client side .

The code is as follows

____________

package samples.myEchoInt;

public class EchoIntService
{
	public int echoInt(int i)
	{
		return i;
	}
}

_____________

My java2wsdl arguement is

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o wp.wsdl�
-l"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/EchoIntService"
-n� "urn:myservice.com" -p"samples.myEchoInt"
"urn:myservice.com"� samples.myEchoInt.EchoIntService

I get an error saying

The <class-of-portType> has already been specified as,
�.  It cannot be specifie
d again as samples.myEchoInt.EchoIntService.
Java2WSDL emitter
Usage: java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL [options]
class-of-portType

Can anyone please tel me why ?

regards
Mayur Shetye

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

RE: java2wsdl Help needed

Posted by Mayur Shetye <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Laxma and Christophe.

I also have generated similar WSDL using toold from
JDeveloper but it also makes another Iservice1.java
file.

I still am confused about a few things .

To implement a webservice >>>

1. I write the interface
2. I write the implementation of the interface,
3.I generate the WSDL using Java2WSDL from my
interface
4. I generate stubs using WSDL2Java for my client.
5. I use the stubs in a client program to invoke the
webservice.

Please let me know if I have got this right.

Thanks
Mayur Shetye

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

RE: java2wsdl Help needed

Posted by Christophe Roudet <cr...@activia.net>.

Invalid Attributes error

Posted by Steve Wells <St...@mohomine.com>.
Note the following on WebLogic generates an error when I execute Axis
client code vs. no errors when I execute command directly via browser -
ideas?  suggestions?

On WebLogic I have a service MACCWS that I execute a getVersion() call via
web browser:

http://localhost:7007/axis/MACCWS.jws?method=init

the following appears in the soap monitor & all is OK:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
">
<soapenv:Body>
<getVersion>
  </getVersion>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

this response is generated and returned, all OK:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<soapenv:Body>
<getVersionResponse soapenv:encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
  <getVersionReturn xsi:type="xsd:string">RevString</getVersionReturn>
  </getVersionResponse>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

However the following error is generated everytime a SOAP message is
submitted from an Axis client based on WSDL based java code:

<Jul 12, 2004 5:01:16 PM PDT> <Warning> <HTTP Session> <BEA-100061> <Web
application: ServletContext(id=30621423,name=axis,context-path=/axis)
tried to place a non-serializable attribute:
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService@cc0f9f into the session:
AzmMmO7z77OjfyjPFxQZASRm6no4FKnOsKrZCToUyDNAc2fsU3YX!1378039685!1089676876977.
This attribute will be lost upon redeployment. This message is logged only
once per session.>

Inspecting the soap monitor shows the following was instead submitted:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<soapenv:Body>
<nsl:getVersion soapenv:encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:nsl="http://DefaultNamespace"/>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

with the following instead returned:

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<soapenv:Body>
<nsl:getVersionResponse soapenv:encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:nsl="http://DefaultNamespace"/>
        <nsl:getVersionReturn
xsi:type="xsd:string">RevString</nsl:getVersionReturn>
</nsl:getVersionResponse>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

Re: java2wsdl Help needed

Posted by Laxma Reddy Dendi <ax...@yahoo.com>.
try this
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o wp.wsdl
-l"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/EchoIntService"
-n "EchoIntService" -p"samples.myEchoInt"
"EchoIntService" samples.myEchoInt.EchoIntService

from your axis_devhome.

regards
Laxma