Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by oc tsdb <oc...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/09 12:52:44 UTC

Name node and data node replacement

Hi,

I am trying to understand,how to recover a Name node or Data node failure
in case if those nodes are unable to come up due to unexpected issues.

Is there a way to replace Name node with new name node without loosing
data.I mean new Name node should have all the data from original Name node.
Similarly for Data node.

Thanks
-OC

Re: Name node and data node replacement

Posted by oc tsdb <oc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Does NN log anywhere saying that 'one of DN is down and not reachable,so
replicating damaged DN data to another DN'?

Thanks

Posted by oc tsdb <oc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by oc tsdb <oc...@gmail.com>.