Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/27 18:43:32 UTC

Install all Airavata server components in a single machine

Hi Folks,

I'm writing this mail specially for the people who are trying to get
started and try out in Apache Airavata.

Usually Airavata comes as set of components that are needed to be installed
and it could be painful for a beginner to manage all of them. We already
had a set of ansible scripts that you can use to install these components
and now we optimized them in order to install all the components in a
single machine or a VM. This [1] document describes steps and
configurations that you need to follow. However we made the document
commentable so if you need any clarification, please feel free to comment
on this and we will try our best to resolve the issues.

If you are a student who is willing to participate GSoC with Airavata, this
could be a good starting point

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dFhajiYlPtNymIKbMvCXeLivLHujLjvE107QyUDEgdA/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Dimuthu

Re: Install all Airavata server components in a single machine

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Thanks, Dimuthu, very thorough.  If anyone finds any problems with this, you can leave a comment in the google doc.

We should move this to some place like http://airavata.readthedocs.io.

Marlon