Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Yuanbo Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/10 02:27:57 UTC

Discussion about ssh fencing in hadoop-common

Hi, developers
Sorry to interrupt and hope you all have a good day.
Recently we had a little discussion about ssh fencing in HDFS-11336
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-11336> , and thanks for Steve
and Andrew's comments, I got the point that ssh fencing of hadoop is a
relic from the NFS HA days and not reliable. So I'm wondering whether it's
good to remove these codes from hadoop-common. I'd like to get more
thoughts from you guys before I raise a JIRA. Any comment will be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Discussion about ssh fencing in hadoop-common

Posted by Yang Wei Wei <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yuanbo

I think you are referring to this JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-13759. And comments here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-13759?focusedCommentId=15901543&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15901543