Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Matt Innes <Ma...@asserta.com> on 2003/09/04 11:25:37 UTC

Conditional Controller

Hi,

Case for extending JMeter:
I have need for conditional control logic.  I am writing load test plans
for www.assertahome.com property searching.   If the name of a town is
entered, if it is an exact match for one in the database, the property
search will be executed immediately.  In the event the town name matches
multiple locations, a town selection screen will be presented. I need to
be able to trap the case where the selection screen is presented and
generate an additional request to specify the town. I have scanned the
archive and have found a couple of requests for something similar,
generally replied to with a "don't think one exists".

Proposed Extension:
Create a logic controller that may contain samplers (ordered) and
assertions (in scope, but order unimportant).  The samplers are executed
in order, with the assertions checked after each execution.  The
controller returns as soon as the first assertion fails. I am unsure as
to how sub-controllers would be best handled. Should the assertions be
checked after the completion of the controller or after the exectuion of
each sampler (if this is possible)?

I would appreciate a sanity check of the approach, as this is my first
attempt to extend JMeter.

Many thanks,
Matt Innes.

Matt Innes (matt.innes@asserta.com),