Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Lu Cao <wh...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/09 01:56:51 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Support only spark 2 in carbon 1.3.0

Hi community,
Currently we have three spark related module in carbondata(spark 1.5, 1.6,
2.1), the project has become more and more difficult to maintain and has
many redundant code.
I propose to stop supporting spark 1.5 &1.6 and focus on spark 2.1(2.2).
That will keep the project clean and simple for maintenance.
Maybe we can provide some key patch to old version. But new features could
support spark2 only.
Any ideas?

Thanks & Regards,
Lionel Cao

Re: 回复:[DISCUSSION] Support only spark 2 in carbon 1.3.0

Posted by xm_zzc <44...@qq.com>.
+1

Re: 回复:[DISCUSSION] Support only spark 2 in carbon 1.3.0

Posted by Sandeep Purohit <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@knoldus.in>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSSION] Support only spark 2 in carbon 1.3.0

Posted by manish gupta <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Manish Gupta