Posted to user@lucy.apache.org by Bruno Albuquerque <bg...@bug-br.org.br> on 2017/08/08 21:20:15 UTC

[lucy-user] Go bindings.

I am trying to check the Go bindings and I am having some issues with it. I
am able to actually work them around but I guess we need better
instructions about how to actually get everything installed.

I downloaded and unpacked Lucy and Clownfish 0.6.1 and then tried to build
the Go bindings by switching to the go directory under lucy and running "go
run build.go build" (there is no documentation whatsoever in this
directory, BTW). This results in the following error:

# git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy-clownfish.git/compiler/go/cfc
../../go/src/
git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/lucy-clownfish.git/compiler/go/cfc/cfc.go:21:18:
fatal error: CFC.h: No such file or directory
 // #include "CFC.h"

This is just an include path issue but I wonder if I am missing some
required step in the process or if this is really broken.

Help?

Re: [lucy-user] Go bindings.

Posted by Bruno Albuquerque <bg...@bug-br.org.br>.
Not sure if it is the same issue. In my case I tracked it down to build.go
not correctly setting the expected paths.

It starts with it trying to use runtime.Calers(1) here:

https://github.com/apache/lucy-clownfish/blob/3b8ace37815308cad216f6fde964e5a8b2506e14/compiler/go/build.go#L43

This sets buildGO as "undefined" or something similar which obviously is
not what was expected although I am not really sure what was the intention
of this code exactly. It is supposed to set the correct paths but what
exactly was the path expected to be set to?

Re: [lucy-user] Go bindings.

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.

Re: [lucy-user] Go bindings.

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.
Bruno Albuquerque wrote on 8/8/17 4:20 PM:

> Help?

I've no idea how the Go bindings, or golang in general, work, so can't be
helpful, I'm afraid. I'd been hoping Marvin or Nick, who both have knowledge,
might chime in in reply. Just wanted you to know you're not being
(intentionally) ignored.

--
Peter Karman  .  https://karpet.github.io  .  https://keybase.io/peterkarman