Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Cristiano Gavião <cv...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/06 22:59:55 UTC

Alternatives for GUI Desktop with Karaf ?

Hi,

I'm researching alternatives for a rapid desktop development with java
and karaf.

Well, until now I only know one real possibility:
- Java 6 Swing: it isn't so rapid to dev (too much code), but this could
be minimized using some good layout framework and the help of some IDE
as Netbeans (Swing Editor) or Eclipse (WindowBuilder Plugin);

One alternative is Eclipse RCP: I didn't like RCP first time I've tried
it two years ago, but I've played with new E4 gui features today and it
is now much easier than the old one, but I really don't know yet if it
would be used with Karaf, would it ?

Any suggestion, experiences and comments will be welcome...

thanks and cheers

Cristiano

Re: Alternatives for GUI Desktop with Karaf ?

Posted by jamie campbell <ja...@parit.ca>.
On 11-04-06 03:59 PM, Cristiano Gavião wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm researching alternatives for a rapid desktop development with java
> and karaf.
>
> Well, until now I only know one real possibility:
> - Java 6 Swing: it isn't so rapid to dev (too much code), but this
> could be minimized using some good layout framework and the help of
> some IDE as Netbeans (Swing Editor) or Eclipse (WindowBuilder Plugin);

Or my preference, not forcing the developers into any particular IDE, or
any IDE at all.  Something like glade, but for swing rather than gtk,
would be pretty sweet.

-Jamie