Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by ricardlf <ri...@dsic.upv.es> on 2010/02/02 13:32:44 UTC

--ssl-cert-password-file problem

Hi!
I'm trying to execute a broker instance that requires SSL client side
authenticaiton. Following explanations on qpid website I tried to execute
this comand:
./qpidd ./qpidd --load-module /libs/ssl.so --ssl-cert-password-file ~/pfile
--ssl-cert-db ~/server_db/ --ssl-cert-name localhost.localdomain
--ssl-require-client-authentication

And I've got this exception:
critical Broker start-up failed: Error in command line options: unknown
option ssl-cert-password-file

I have downloaded and installed NSS and NSPR libraries. So my question is:
- ¿Is the boldfaced (/libs/ssl.so) library in the example refering to nspr
or nss library?

Thank you so much!

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: --ssl-cert-password-file problem

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 02/02/2010 12:32 PM, ricardlf wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm trying to execute a broker instance that requires SSL client side
> authenticaiton. Following explanations on qpid website I tried to execute
> this comand:
> ./qpidd ./qpidd --load-module /libs/ssl.so --ssl-cert-password-file ~/pfile
> --ssl-cert-db ~/server_db/ --ssl-cert-name localhost.localdomain
> --ssl-require-client-authentication
>
> And I've got this exception:
> critical Broker start-up failed: Error in command line options: unknown
> option ssl-cert-password-file

This means that the ssl module is not loaded.

> I have downloaded and installed NSS and NSPR libraries. So my question is:
> - ¿Is the boldfaced (/libs/ssl.so) library in the example refering to nspr
> or nss library?

It is referring to the qpid ssl module. Assuming you are running qpidd
as built from your own svn checkout, the ssl.so module is in the '.libs'
directory beneath src in the build tree. I think you may just need to
modify the module loading directive to be a relative path, e.g.:

   --load-module .libs/ssl.so

If you don't have an ssl.so in that location then have a log in the
configure.log to see why it didn't detect your nss libs (these are
required to build the ssl support on linux).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org