Posted to general@james.apache.org by TearsOfAllah <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2009/10/02 14:31:01 UTC

Configuring Spaming capability in james

I want to configure james to isolate the email address messages, which I
marked as spam into a separate database table.

Do I have to make any configuration step to enable the above requirment
through James, or I just have to make simple database connectivity, and
store the spam marked email address messages into the database table
everytime?

Re: Configuring Spaming capability in james

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

do you really need to store it in an extra table ? or is it enought to
store it in an extra repository ?

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

you should do the following to just store the spam messages to an extra table:

     <!-- Processor CONFIGURATION SAMPLE: spam is a sample custom
processor for handling -->
      <!-- spam. -->
      <!-- You can either log these, bounce these, or just ignore them. -->
      <processor name="spam">

         <!-- To log the message to a repository, this matcher/mailet
configuration should be uncommented. -->
         <!-- This is the default configuration. -->
         <mailet match="All" class="ToRepository">
            <repositoryPath>db://maildb/spammer/spam</repositoryPath>
         </mailet>
      </processor>

Note that you need to create table spammer with the same structure
then the inbox table and you need to redirect the messages to the
"spam" processor.

If that not fullfill your needs you could even write your own
Mailet/Matcher todo the work for you.

Hope this helps,

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

have you read this:

http://james.apache.org/server/2.3.2/repositories.html

You should just need to change your repositories to use db.

Bye,
Norman

Ps: Such questions are better asked on server-user list.