Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dorian Hoxha <do...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/17 13:26:18 UTC

Updating documents with docvalues (not stored), commit question

Looks like you can update documents even using just doc-values (without
stored). While I understand the columnar-format, my issue with this is that
docValues are added when a 'commit' is done (right?). Does that mean that
it will force a commit (which is a slow operation) when updating with
docValues or does it do something more smart ?

Thank You

Re: Updating documents with docvalues (not stored), commit question

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I'm pretty sure that atomic updates use Real Time Get which means they'll
pull the values from in-memory structures for docs that haven't been
committed yet.

And as Shawn says, docValues isn't relevant here.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.