Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org> on 2003/05/02 13:48:36 UTC

Re: [Lenyacms-dev] Config Files

Christian Egli wrote:
> Hi
>
> There was a proposal on this list to move config files to a config
> directory.
>
> 3. It would be nice if we could agree on a sufix for config
>    files. Some are named foo.xconf others are just called plain
>    bar.xml (e.g. publisher.xconf vs publisher.xml)

It is fine with me if we're not using .xconf at all.
The suffix .xml is pre-defined in most applications and probably
makes editing easier.

Andreas

Re: [Lenyacms-dev] Config Files

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org>.
Christian Egli wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org> writes:
>

>>Christian Egli wrote:
>>
>>>Hi There was a proposal on this list to move config files to a config
>>>directory.
>>>3. It would be nice if we could agree on a sufix for config
>>>   files. Some are named foo.xconf others are just called plain
>>>   bar.xml (e.g. publisher.xconf vs publisher.xml)
>>
>>It is fine with me if we're not using .xconf at all.
>>The suffix .xml is pre-defined in most applications and probably
>>makes editing easier.
>

> Hold it, I was under the impression that we agreed that all config
> files would have the suffix ".xconf".

OK, I probably missed that.

Andreas

Re: [Lenyacms-dev] Config Files

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich