Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Deluigi Marcus <ma...@elca.ch> on 2006/12/05 10:31:41 UTC

Creating Archetypes

Hi

Is it possible to create an archetype with sub-projects?

You can imagine that I want to create nested archetypes: the end-user
should obtain a project that contains sub-projects.

Thanks for any help!

Greetings

Marcus

Re: Creating Archetypes

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 12/5/06, Deluigi Marcus <ma...@elca.ch> wrote:

> Is it possible to create an archetype with sub-projects?
>
> You can imagine that I want to create nested archetypes: the end-user
> should obtain a project that contains sub-projects.

Things may have changed since I last tried, but I wasn't able to do it
in a single archetype.

By adding more than one module to an archetype, I lost the ability to
insert the package name in the directory structure under
src/main/java.

What does work is running 'mvn archetype:create' more than once.  If
you run it in a directory with a pom containing <modules>, Archetype
will hook up the parent-child relationships automatically.

At the very least, the current plugin needs another layer that calls
the existing archetype:create more than once to create the
multi-module project.

I believe there's some work going on in Appfuse that might be relevant.

--
Wendy