Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dianne Skoll <df...@roaringpenguin.com> on 2016/08/05 13:10:07 UTC

Technical solution (was Re: Childish actions of Harald Reindl)

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 16:53:18 -0500
Ryan Coleman <ry...@cwis.biz> wrote:

> Can we please have him removed from the mailing list so that every
> time I send a reply to the list they are not immediately bounced back
> to me by his server?

I also don't like people who Cc me and a list that I'm on.  Reindl
is just a little... strident about it, is all.

Nevertheless, there is a technical solution to the Reindl problem, which
I have deployed with great success:

http://search.cpan.org/~rjbs/Email-Filter-1.034/lib/Email/Filter.pm
http://search.cpan.org/~dskoll/Mail-ThreadKiller-1.0.1/lib/Mail/ThreadKiller.pm

The combo of those sends any message from a problematic poster to
/dev/null, as well as all followups... in fact, the entire message tree
that results from the original posting.

What you don't see can't raise your blood pressure.

Regards,

Dianne.

Re: Technical solution (was Re: Childish actions of Harald Reindl)

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 15:14:47 +0200
Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 05.08.2016 um 15:10 schrieb Dianne Skoll:
> > On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 16:53:18 -0500
> > Ryan Coleman <ry...@cwis.biz> wrote:
> >
> >> Can we please have him removed from the mailing list so that every
> >> time I send a reply to the list they are not immediately bounced
> >> back to me by his server?
> >
> > I also don't like people who Cc me and a list that I'm on.  Reindl
> > is just a little... strident about it, is all.
>
> you don't get it?
>
> it is not about CC of list mails, it's about that he started to setup
> some tool which *bounces back* every mail with a from-header of me
> *directly* to me, even list-repsonses to other people and to top it
> even a mysql-list message from 2015 he did read once again

I use a separate address for lists and filter everything I want to see
into an appropriate imap folder. Anything that doesn't hit one of these
filters ends-up in a default folder, which I don't need to check.

I've been doing this since a few days after subscribing to my first
list. It never ceases to amaze me that people subscribe with their
general-purpose addresses.

Re: Technical solution (was Re: Childish actions of Harald Reindl)

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 05.08.2016 um 15:10 schrieb Dianne Skoll:
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 16:53:18 -0500
> Ryan Coleman <ry...@cwis.biz> wrote:
>
>> Can we please have him removed from the mailing list so that every
>> time I send a reply to the list they are not immediately bounced back
>> to me by his server?
>
> I also don't like people who Cc me and a list that I'm on.  Reindl
> is just a little... strident about it, is all.

you don't get it?

it is not about CC of list mails, it's about that he started to setup
some tool which *bounces back* every mail with a from-header of me
*directly* to me, even list-repsonses to other people and to top it even
a mysql-list message from 2015 he did read once again

and *than* this guy comes up with the complaint above after i wrote him
dozens of times he should stop this bullshit where he even saw the need
to forward that complaints to my boss?

this guy is just mentally ill and don't get cause and effect