Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Hohmann <mi...@gmx.de> on 2003/09/26 14:27:09 UTC

sendmail...again

Hi people,

got sendmail working now by using a local mailserver that doesnt require
smtp-auth. The server then forwards the mails into inet (one day :-))
I think that's a bit fake but I guess smtp-auth will be implemented in
cocoon one day.

now my question is:
how can I dynamically create the mail-content from xml by using xslt?
I got static content and static attachments working fine, but I've got
no clue how to get an XML-file transformed e.g. to pdf and then attached
to the mail.

Thanks

Michael

Re: sendmail...again

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 26.Sep.2003 -- 02:27 PM, Michael Hohmann wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> got sendmail working now by using a local mailserver that doesnt require
> smtp-auth. The server then forwards the mails into inet (one day :-))
> I think that's a bit fake but I guess smtp-auth will be implemented in
> cocoon one day.

patches are welcome.

> now my question is:
> how can I dynamically create the mail-content from xml by using xslt?
> I got static content and static attachments working fine, but I've got
> no clue how to get an XML-file transformed e.g. to pdf and then attached
> to the mail.

Have a close look at the sample again. It attaches a document that is
dynamically generated from another Cocoon pipeline. This can be done
using the cocoon: protocol for attachments.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de