Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sr...@accenture.com on 2008/03/26 13:19:37 UTC

(container [id =3D [tomcat6x], type =3D [existing]],/ org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Cannot create

Hi

 Am new to this maven2, in my project we are using tomcat 6 + maven2
build script, is this right build script for deploying the web
application,
And how to write the script to copy the war file in tomcat/webapp folder

Here I am using the command mvn install it copying the war file in some
where else folder, pls provide correct build script.

<project xmlns=3D"http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"

            xmlns:xsi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

            xsi:schemaLocation=3D"http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0

            <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

            <groupId>com.accenture.demonstrator</groupId>

            <artifactId>AolPhaseIII</artifactId>

            <packaging>war</packaging>

            <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

            <name>AolPhaseIII</name>

           =20

            <dependencies>

                        <dependency>

=20
<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>

                                    <artifactId>spring-core</artifactId>

                                    <version>2.5</version>

                                    <scope>provided</scope>

                        </dependency>

                        <dependency>

=20
<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>

=20
<artifactId>spring-webmvc</artifactId>

                                    <version>2.5</version>

                                    <scope>provided</scope>

                        </dependency>

                        <dependency>

                                    <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>

=20

                                    <version>1.1</version>

                                    <scope>provided</scope>

                        </dependency>

                        <dependency>

                                    <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>

                                    <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>

                                    <version>2.0</version>

                                    <scope>provided</scope>

                        </dependency>

                        <dependency>

                                    <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>

                                    <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>

                                    <version>2.5</version>

                                    <scope>provided</scope>

                        </dependency>

            </dependencies>

            <build>

                        <directory>target</directory>

=20
<outputDirectory>target/classes</outputDirectory>

=20
<finalName>${project.artifactId}-${project.version}</finalName>

=20
<sourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/main/java</sourceDirectory>

                        <resources>

                                    <resource>

=20

=20
<filtering>true</filtering>

                                    </resource>

                                    <resource>

                                                <targetPath>

=20
com/accenture/demonstrator/multilingual

                                                </targetPath>

                                                <directory>

=20
${basedir}/src/main/java/com/accenture/demonstrator/multilingual

                                                </directory>

                                    </resource>

                        </resources>

                        <plugins>

                                    <plugin>

=20

                                                <version>1.1</version>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20

=20
<version>2.2-beta-2</version>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20
<artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>

                                                <version>2.2</version>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20

=20

                                                <configuration>

=20
<source>1.6</source>

=20
<target>1.6</target>

                                                </configuration>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20

                                                <version>2.0</version>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20
<artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>

                                                <version>2.3</version>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20
<artifactId>maven-plugin-plugin</artifactId>

                                                <version>2.3</version>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20
<artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>

                                                <version>2.2</version>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20

=20
<version>2.0-beta-6</version>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20
<artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>

                                                <version>2.0.4</version>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20

=20
<version>2.1-alpha-1</version>

                                    </plugin>

                                    <plugin>

=20
<groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>

=20
<artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>

                                                <version>0.3</version>

                                                <executions>

                                                            <execution>

=20
<id>tomcat-execution</id>

=20
<phase>package</phase>

=20
<goals>

=20
<goal>start</goal>

=20
</goals>

=20
<configuration>

=20
<wait>true</wait>

=20
<container>

=20
<containerId>tomcat6x</containerId>

=20
<type>existing</type>

=20
<home>C:/apache-tomcat-6.0.14</home>

=20

=20
<!--zipUrlInstaller>

=20
<url>http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.15/bin/apache-tomca
t-5.5.15.zip</url>

=20
<installDir>${project.build.directory}/tomcat-zip</installDir>

=20
</zipUrlInstaller-->

=20
</container>

=20
<configuration>

=20
<type>runtime</type>

=20
<properties>

=20
<cargo.tomcat.manager.url>

=20
http://localhost:8080/manager

=20
</cargo.tomcat.manager.url>

=20
<cargo.remote.username>

=20
root

=20
</cargo.remote.username>

=20
<cargo.remote.password>

=20
Acc1234$$

=20
</cargo.remote.password>

=20
</properties>

=20

=20
<home>

=20
${project.build.directory}/tomcat

=20
</home>

=20
</configuration>

=20
<deployables>

=20
<deployable>

=20
<type>war</type>

=20
<location>
$\{project.build.directory\}/$\{project.build.finalName\}.$\{project.pac
kaging\}

=20
</location>

=20
<pingURL>

=20
http://localhost:8080/${pom.artifactId}/index.html

=20
</pingURL>

=20
</deployable>

=20
</deployables>

=20
</configuration>

                                                            </execution>

                                                </executions>

                                    </plugin>

                        </plugins>

            </build>

</project>

=20

=20

=20

=20

C:\mvnapp\AolPhaseIII>mvn install

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO]

[INFO] Building AolPhaseIII

[INFO]    task-segment: [install]

[INFO]

[INFO] [resources:resources]

[INFO] [compiler:compile]

[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date

[INFO] [resources:testResources]

[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]

[INFO] No sources to compile

[INFO] [surefire:test]

[INFO] No tests to run.

[INFO] [war:war]

[INFO] Packaging webapp

[INFO] Assembling webapp[AolPhaseIII] in
[C:\mvnapp\AolPhaseIII\target\AolPhaseI

II-1.0-SNAPSHOT]

[INFO] Processing war project

[INFO] Webapp assembled in[70 msecs]

[INFO] Building war:
C:\mvnapp\AolPhaseIII\target\AolPhaseIII-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

[INFO] [cargo:start {execution: tomcat-execution}]

[INFO]

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] Cannot create configuration. There's no registered configuration
for the

parameters (container [id =3D [tomcat6x], type =3D [existing]],
configuration type [

runtime]). Actually there are no valid types registered for this
configuration.

Maybe you've made a mistake spelling it?

[INFO]

[INFO] Trace

org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Cannot create
configuration. Th

ere's no registered configuration for the parameters (container [id =3D
[tomcat6x]

, type =3D [existing]], configuration type [runtime]). Actually there =
are
no valid

 types registered for this configuration. Maybe you've made a mistake
spelling i

t?

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.generic.spi.AbstractGenericHintFactory.createImple

mentation(AbstractGenericHintFactory.java:143)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.generic.spi.AbstractIntrospectionGenericHintFactor

y.createImplementation(AbstractIntrospectionGenericHintFactory.java:86)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.generic.configuration.DefaultConfigurationFactory.

createConfiguration(DefaultConfigurationFactory.java:205)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.configuration.Configuration.createConfigura

tion(Configuration.java:131)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.AbstractCargoMojo.createConfiguration(Abstr

actCargoMojo.java:292)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.AbstractCargoMojo.createNewContainer(Abstra

ctCargoMojo.java:380)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.AbstractCargoMojo.createContainer(AbstractC

argoMojo.java:320)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.ContainerStartMojo.doExecute(ContainerStart

Mojo.java:52)

        at
org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.AbstractCargoMojo.execute(AbstractCargoMojo

.java:243)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi

nManager.java:447)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa

ultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi

fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau

ltLifecycleExecutor.java:459)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan

dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen

ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi

fecycleExecutor.java:143)

        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)

        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)

        at

java:39)

        at

sorImpl.java:25)

        at

        at

=20

[INFO]

[INFO] Total time: 5 seconds

[INFO] Finished at: Wed Mar 26 17:36:04 GMT+05:30 2008

[INFO] Final Memory: 12M/23M

[INFO]

Re: (container [id =3D [tomcat6x], type =3D [existing]],/ org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Cannot create

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Is there any reason you're sending the Maven Users list a question
that really belongs to the Cargo team?? You've having a problem with
the Cargo plugin, not Maven itself.

Please ask Cargo.

Wayne