Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com> on 2016/08/03 01:13:09 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Release numbering semantics with concurrent (>2) releases [Was Setting JIRA fix versions for 3.0.0 releases]

In the absence of further comments, I've pushed this text to a new "Release
Versioning" page on the website. I think svnpubsub automatically builds and
pushes for us now, but not 100% sure.

Anyway, it seems like we can proceed with the 2.8.0 and 3.0.0-alpha1
version updates. I'm going to be on vacation until the 15th, but will
tackle this when I get back. The bulk updates will also be floowed with a
wide-distribution email reminder about how to appropriately set fix
versions.

Best,
Andrew