Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Darren Hartford <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/10 17:13:07 UTC

ant-maven, dependency:? to recreate repo

Hey all,
I'm checking out of source control several internal maven projects to put onto another medium (CD). I'm using ANT to to this task related to some other items that need to go on the CD.

Question:
I want to 'replicate' a mini-repository for each maven project, including all the artifacts, poms, and layout structure.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this?  I've tried using a command-line call from ant to mvn dependency:copy-dependencies, but this doesn't do the layout, and I can't figure out how to pass 'copyPom=true' through Ant (although, that doesn't help without the layout anyway).

Thanks for any input,
-D

RE: ant-maven, dependency:? to recreate repo

Posted by Jamie Whitehouse <Ja...@genesyslab.com>.
I haven't tried this but I think t may work.  You could use mvn
dependency:go-offline -Dmaven.repo.local=/some/archive/path

This should cause all the required dependencies and plugins to be
downloaded to the maven.repo.local path you specified.  If you ran that
on all of your projects you'd have a maven repo of what was needed to
rebuild these.

I'm checking out of source control several internal maven projects to
put onto another medium (CD). I'm using ANT to to this task related to
some other items that need to go on the CD.

Question:
I want to 'replicate' a mini-repository for each maven project,
including all the artifacts, poms, and layout structure.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this?  I've tried using a
command-line call from ant to mvn dependency:copy-dependencies, but this
doesn't do the layout, and I can't figure out how to pass 'copyPom=true'
through Ant (although, that doesn't help without the layout anyway).

Thanks for any input,
-D

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files attached may contain confidential and proprietary information of Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities. Access by the intended recipient only is authorized. Any liability arising from any party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy the original transmission and its attachments and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Alcatel-Lucent and/or its affiliated entities.