Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> on 2005/08/26 01:13:03 UTC

j2ee sdk in repositories?

Hi. I experimented with Maven 1.0 a while back, and kind of gave up.
But today I came across Maven2's dependency task JAR for Ant, and I'm
very excited about it.

I set it up, and it works great. What I want to know is if the j2ee
sdk is in a public repo somewhere, and what the naming is to reach
it. We tend to check in our j2ee stuff for compilation purposes (and
call it jsdk-24.jar, for example). We never deploy it (Resin takes
care of providing the implementation).

I looked through the maven2 repo and didn't find anything that was
obviously the j2ee SDK. Is there a way to get at it?

If this is the wrong approach, what's the right one?

TIA,

--
Rick

Re: j2ee sdk in repositories?

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Sun releases GlassFish appserver to opensource, so how it works out
remains to be seen.

interm of searching for repos, maven  uses the repos list and pickup
what ever it sees first.

-D

RE: j2ee sdk in repositories?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Rick,

You might be interested in
http://mavenbook.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/J2eeDependencies

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: j2ee sdk in repositories?

Posted by Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com>.

Re: j2ee sdk in repositories?

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: j2ee sdk in repositories?

Posted by Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com>.
On Aug 26, 2005, at 6:29 AM, Matthew L Daniel wrote:

> Both the naming of the jar and your description of its use implies
> that
> you want servlet-api-2.4 and maybe jsp-api-2.4, not j2ee-1.4.

> standard
> they came up with for Sun jar files, so your dependency will work on
> other folks repository as well:
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/standard-sun-jar-names.html
>
> I'd say there is probably nothing stopping you from copying Resin's
> implementation of servlet-api-2.4 and jsp-api-2.4 into your repo,
> instead of wading through the JavaEE SDK for them.

Thank you, Matthew, that's a very helpful answer.

A related question: I tried to drop a jar into my local repository
(inside the .m2 directory), and I created a .pom for it (mimicking
one that downloaded for log4j), but the Ant Task still tries to
download the .pom (which, of course, fails). I believe it's because I
did not create .sha1 files for the .pom and .jar.

Is there a way I can generate .sha1 files by hand?

TIA,

--
Rick

Re: j2ee sdk in repositories?

Posted by Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com>.
On Aug 26, 2005, at 6:29 AM, Matthew L Daniel wrote:

> I'd say there is probably nothing stopping you from copying Resin's
> implementation of servlet-api-2.4 and jsp-api-2.4 into your repo,
> instead of wading through the JavaEE SDK for them.

Oh hey! I just checked the Repo, and they appear to be there!

     http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.4/

Thank you for the naming resource. That was enormously helpful.

--
Rick

Re: j2ee sdk in repositories?

Posted by Matthew L Daniel <md...@scdi.com>.
> it. We tend to check in our j2ee stuff for compilation purposes (and
> call it jsdk-24.jar, for example). We never deploy it (Resin takes
> care of providing the implementation).

Both the naming of the jar and your description of its use implies that
you want servlet-api-2.4 and maybe jsp-api-2.4, not j2ee-1.4.

they came up with for Sun jar files, so your dependency will work on
other folks repository as well:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/standard-sun-jar-names.html

I'd say there is probably nothing stopping you from copying Resin's
implementation of servlet-api-2.4 and jsp-api-2.4 into your repo,
instead of wading through the JavaEE SDK for them.

  -- /v\atthew