Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by David Sitsky <si...@nuix.com> on 2007/10/04 04:10:00 UTC

Default value for syncOnWrite for AMQ store should be true?

I have noticed that the default value for syncOnWrite for the AMQ store
is set to false.

Is this a wise default?  As a user of a transactional messaging store, I
would have thought the common expectation would be that if my broker
dies, all messages in committed transactions have been safely written to
disk.

The default behaviour of losing messages on a crash seems nasty to me.

I know this will have a detrimental impact on performance, but people
can always set syncOnWrite to be false if need be, although I can't
really imagine a situation where this would be useful?

Thoughts?

--
Cheers,
David