Posted to user@usergrid.apache.org by Iolo Garside <io...@googlemail.com> on 2015/10/07 10:13:51 UTC

Setting Up Usergrid 2.0

Hi there,

I am trying to get up Usergrid 2 from two-dot-o branch. Current master
(2.0.0-SNAPSHOT) WAR seems bugged and doesn't launch from Tomcat.
Cassandra status is green, but localhost:8080/status keeps stating:

"managementAppIndexStatus" : "RED"

Upon launching localhost:8080/system/database/setup i get an error:
"...java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to retrieve application id..."

Any hint what i can do now?

Thanks, Yours
Iolo

Re: Setting Up Usergrid 2.0

Posted by Iolo Garside <io...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Shawn,

i added your entries to elasticsearch.yml, as well as "network.host:
127.0.0.1" (localhost not working).
ES states
"[2015-10-08 11:49:20,800][INFO][transport] [the Living Darkness Null]
bound_address {inet[/127.0.0.1:9300]}, publish_address {inet[/127.0.0.1:9300
]"

Now, i get status YELLOW at least :)

But http://localhost:8080/system/database/setup still produces
"java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to retreive application id"

"where is usergrid sending requests to for ES?  what version of es?"
1. where can i look it up?
2. ES is 1.7.2

The current master branch unfortunately doesn't build correctly, at least
tomcat won't start with the built WAR file, tested both in Windows and
Linux. That's why i kept with the two-o branch which is linked in the
"getting started".

Thank you very much so far, i feel that i'm really close to get it
running...
Greetings
Iolo

Re: Setting Up Usergrid 2.0

Posted by Shawn Feldman <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Setting Up Usergrid 2.0

Posted by Shawn Feldman <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Setting Up Usergrid 2.0

Posted by Shawn Feldman <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Setting Up Usergrid 2.0

Posted by Iolo Garside <io...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Setting Up Usergrid 2.0

Posted by Shawn Feldman <sh...@gmail.com>.
We switched old master to 1.x and new master requires elastic search

Re: Setting Up Usergrid 2.0

Posted by Shawn Feldman <sh...@gmail.com>.