Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Fabio Mauri <fa...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/28 17:27:21 UTC

How to select SHA-256 hash?

Hi there,
I'm writing an application that needs to send signed XML files to a
service that declares to support only SHA-256 digest:
http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#sha256

I tried both stable versions 1.5.8 and 2.0.8 of the library,
but I wasn't able to select the right hash method.
It seems that the only supported hash is SHA-1:
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1

On the other hand I can successfully select the signature algorythm SHA-256:
http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmldsig-more#rsa-sha256

Is there someone who can help with some suggestions?
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Fabio

Re: How to select SHA-256 hash?

Posted by Fabio Mauri <fa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Colm!
This actually allowed me to select the right method.

Bye
Fabio

--
Fabio Mauri