Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by txomin pelu <tx...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/19 06:20:20 UTC

Consumer Node Metrics - request-latency-avg

Hi,

I'm trying to gather metrics for my consumers and I'd like to get more
visibility on the latency for all types of requests coming from my
consumers (not only fetch requests). However when looking at JMX metrics I
see that the metrics request-latency-avg and request-latency-max in
consumer-node-metrics are NaN.

For reference I'm creating my consumers using java with the kafka-clients
library in its 2.4.1 version. What could be the reason for the
request-latency-max and request-latency-avg being reported as Nan?

Thanks in advance