Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Steve Viens <sv...@attbi.com> on 2003/04/04 12:09:08 UTC

RE: [juddi-Developers] RE: problems in deploying to sybase

Anou,

You're referring to the init() method in
org.juddi.registry.RegistryServlet right?

The listBindings() method returns an enumeration of the keys from
the "java:comp/env" context. You'll see two <env-entry> elements
(log4j.propsFile and juddi.propsFile) in jUDDI's deployment descriptor
(web.xml) who's keys should be found in this enumeration after the
listBindings method is called. These keys are used to retrieve the two
properties files described in the jUDDI Deployment Guide.

Steve

Posted by Anou Manavalan <an...@trysybase.com>.
Both Save biz and publish service worked without problem. I will finish the
client and upload that to cvs.

regards,
-Anou

PublishService:

Requesting an authentication token...
Business Key :03BC55B0-6ADD-11D7-AF84-D9861502253F
Received authentication token.

Reading WSDL document ...

Retrieving document
WSDL document has been read.

Publishing a WSDL Service Implementation as a UDDI businessService...
UDDI tModel published.

WSDL document has been read.
  Service Name ... StockQuotes

Publishing a WSDL Service Implementation as a UDDI businessService...
UDDI businessService published.

UDDI businessService created:
  Name .......... StockQuotes
  Service Key ... 90A726B0-6B9D-11D7-A990-C31BAB95D469

RE: [juddi-Developers] RE: problems in deploying to sybase

Posted by Steve Viens <sv...@attbi.com>.
Anou, very cool!

I've tried your suggestion with Tomcat and it worked perfectly. I expect
that it will also work with WebSphere as well since, after taking a look
at JDBCDataSourceFactory, this is also the way we obtain the jUDDI
DataSource (and that's been working with WebSphere all along).

Here's the modified portion of my RegistryServlet's init() method.

    // Grab the juddi.propFile & log4j.propFile
    // properties from the JNDI Context (these
    // properties are found in jUDDI's web.xml file).

    String juddiPropsFileName = null;
    String log4jPropsFileName = null;

    try {
      InitialContext initCtx = new InitialContext();
      NamingEnumeration e = initCtx.listBindings("java:comp/env/");

      while (e.hasMore()) {
        Binding b = (Binding)e.next();

        if (b.getName().equals("log4j.propsFile"))
          log4jPropsFileName = String.valueOf(b.getObject());
        else if (b.getName().equals("juddi.propsFile"))
        	juddiPropsFileName = String.valueOf(b.getObject());
      }
    }
    catch (NamingException ne) {
      System.out.println("Warning: problem loading jUDDI " +
        "properties from JNDI context: " + ne.toString());
    }

Feel free to check your changes into CVS.

Steve

Posted by Anou Manavalan <an...@trysybase.com>.
I am trying to see what is the problem here... I will keep you posted, once
I find out what the problem is. I remembered that for jdk14 properties, the
. were changed to / -- but you are right this is the root level, don't think
is a 1.3/1.4 problem.