Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Harrell, Roger" <rj...@bechtel.com> on 2004/03/25 18:57:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Generating self-signed key doesn't work?

I've been trying to get a self-signed cert so I can test SSL, but I keep
running into a problem with the cert. I have used the Red Hat default
scripts for generating a self-signed cert, as well as manually generating
the cert:
openssl req -x509 -new -key server.key -out server.crt

In all cases the cert includes CA:TRUE. When I start Apache I get:
[warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA ==
TRUE !?)

Anyone know what I am missing here? All the instructions I find direct me to
do what I have done.

Thanks,
Roger