Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vivek Bhaskaran <vi...@esagegroup.com> on 2001/06/18 21:10:16 UTC

webapp question / problem...

Hey guys.. I have been looking at the archives and trying to figure out this
problem for some time now -  I was wondering of any one of you guys faced
the same problem and what the solution to this is :-

    I have TC4.beta3 and apache 1.3.20. The webapp connector is installed as
apxs and things work fine and the application is mounted. I can access all
the Servlets that I have defined - And the output of the Servlets come thru
to the browser. However when I access jsp pages the output does not come
through. I know that the jsp pages are being compiled  - but after the jsp
pages are compiled - No html is pumped to the browser. No I am a little bit
baffled and was wondering if any one of you guys experienced the same
problem ???

    Even if you do not have the same problem can anyone give me some
pointers that I can look towards.

    Thanks guys...
-vivek

Re: webapp question / problem...

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
I'm assuming you're using one of the autogenerated apache conf files and that
you have linked to it (Include) in your httpd.conf file (of course you have -
otherwise servlets wouldn't work).  The only thing I could think of, although
I'm guessing this is too obviously ot be the case, is that for some unknown
reason your tomcat-apache.conf or mod_jk.conf-auto file doesn't mount *.jsp.
Again - I'm assuming you've checked this, and that you've also bounced apache
to let it reload the config after restarting tomcat (remember that apache
will read the file on startup, and if you restart tomcat, the file will
change, but apache wont reload it)...

anyway, I dont know I've been any use there - but they're all my ideas, sorry

cheers
dim

Re: webapp question / problem...

Re: webapp question / problem...