Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com> on 2002/04/26 08:13:34 UTC

[BUG] Incorrect XPath variable bindings in JSTL RI (Beta 2)

Please ignore this message if this problem has been fixed since the Beta 2
release. (Sorry, I have not had a chance to check a later build.)

It seems that the PFD and the RI differ regarding the supported XPath
variable bindings. The spec (section 11.1.2) says I should use 'pageScope',
'requestScope', etc. However, the RI doesn't support these (it throws an
exception), but does support 'page', 'request', etc.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: [BUG] Incorrect XPath variable bindings in JSTL RI (Beta 2)

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Martin Cooper wrote:

> Please ignore this message if this problem has been fixed since the
> Beta 2 release. (Sorry, I have not had a chance to check a later
> build.)
>
> It seems that the PFD and the RI differ regarding the supported XPath
> variable bindings. The spec (section 11.1.2) says I should use
> 'pageScope', 'requestScope', etc. However, the RI doesn't support
> these (it throws an exception), but does support 'page', 'request',
> etc.

Thanks Martin.  This has indeed been fixed since Beta2.

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSP Standard Tag Library"   http://www.jstlbook.com