Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by j4fm <ja...@my-managed.net> on 2018/11/02 11:32:10 UTC

TomEE 8 M1 - MP

I ran the tomee:8-jre-8.0.0-M1-microprofile Docker container.  Although TomEE
starts up just fine, I cannot access it because of the following error (I
don't think this is Docker specific).  If I move the Microprofile tracing
JARs out of the lib folder before start, then I can access TomEE fine.

404 Not Found

localhost logs:

02-Nov-2018 11:27:34.512 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart Exception starting
filter [opentracing]
 java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.geronimo.microprofile.opentracing.microprofile.server.OpenTracingFilter.init(OpenTracingFilter.java:57)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.initFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:270)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:251)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:102)

Thanks

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: TomEE 8 M1 - MP

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
In the current state it is a bug.

It should be enabled by default, but the app should deploy properly and you should keep access to all the usual stuff: console, docs, etc.

I’ll open up an issue.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Roberto

Re: TomEE 8 M1 - MP

Re: TomEE 8 M1 - MP

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
The built-in apps should have a MP config entry with the
value geronimo.opentracing.filter.active=false, you can workaround it
adding in the exploded webapp a
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/microprofile-config.properties with this value

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: TomEE 8 M1 - MP

Re: TomEE 8 M1 - MP

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi James,

You are deploying an app with it, right?